Beginning December 8, 2020
High School Basketball Season Guidelines
In order to protect the season, and give our athletes the best chance at completing a season, the following guidelines will be implemented:
1. Parents may transport TO away games, but a bus will be provided (all riders must wear a mask).
2. Each athlete will be provided a set amount of tickets. These tickets allow you to come into the gym. You must present the ticket in order to pay and come into the game. Tickets are determined depending on if it is a girls only, boys only or both game night. The number of tickets provided to each player is based on the number of players on each team and gym capacity.
Girls only games---Girls will receive 6 tickets per player, visiting teams receive 3 tickets per player
Boys only games---Boys will receive 6 tickets per player, visiting teams receive 3 tickets per player
Combined games---Boys and Girls will receive 4 tickets per player, visiting teams receive 2 tickets per player
3. 25 Student tickets for Bakersfield High School student spectators will be available on a first come, first served basis for home games only. These student tickets will be available in the high school office on the day of the home game. The last set of bleachers near Coach Lansdown’s office will be reserved for middle and high school student spectators who have a ticket.
4. ALL Kids 5th Grade and YOUNGER must SIT WITH THEIR PARENTS. We encourage that you sit in family groups anyway, but 5th grade and under must sit with parents/guardians. (It has been our experience here that students in this age group may have COVID and not display symptoms, so it is very important that they sit and stay with the family group.)
5. Faculty and Staff who want to attend (and don’t have a ticket from an athlete) must sit in the weight room.
6. We do not control away games. As soon as we know the other school's protocols (whether tickets are required, and if so, how many do our athletes receive, how do we get the tickets, etc.) we will post it on here!
Senior Night for Basketball will be Tuesday, December 8 at 5 PM in the gym. Anyone may come to the Senior Night event. PLEASE WEAR a mask and SOCIAL Distance! The gym will be cleared at 5:30 and game attendees and visiting team spectators who have tickets will be allowed back in.
Homecoming will be Friday, December 11. Homecoming Coronation will be at 5 PM in the gym. Anyone may come to Homecoming. Please WEAR a mask and SOCIAL Distance! The gym will be cleared at 5:30 and game attendees and visiting team spectators who have tickets will be allowed back in.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines as we all work to protect the season!!!!